How to Draw Taylor Swift
With her cascading blonde locks and penetrating gaze, this image of Taylor Swift is classic and beguiling.
Read the drawing tips and follow the instructions on how to draw Taylor Swift, and you’ll be able to complete your drawing quickly and accurately.
Tips on How to Draw Taylor Swift:
- This portrait is tagged as ‘advanced’ because of the hours detailed work required to render Taylor’s hair in a realistic fashion in this portrait.
- If you’d prefer to simplify this drawing, then focus on her face and use a few loose strokes to indicate the major curls around her face, without working into them.
- If this is a technique that you have not tried before, then test it on a clean sheet of paper until you are confident in your strokes before applying it directly to your drawing.
- The mastery of drawing begins with the ability to look and really ‘see’. Pay careful attention to the subtle graduation in the midtones, highlights, shadows of Taylor’s skin.
- See the highlights on her nose, the right side of her chin and the area on either side of her top lip.
- Click on the grid and gray-scale images below of Taylor Swift to enlarge them
- Right click on each image and save them on your computer or tablet
- Print out both images or keep them open on your computer or tablet to view while you’re drawing
- Set up a 5 x 7 grid on your sketch pad. If you don’t know how to, read this: “How to Set Up a Grid in 2 Minutes”
- Then using the grid image below of Taylor Swift as a reference, draw the outlines of the shapes and shadows onto the grid on your sketch pad. If you need some guidance, click here to see our demo: “Demo: How to Draw a Portrait Step by Step”
- Once you have completed the outline drawing, begin shading your portrait. If you are a beginner at shading, click here for tips: “How to Shade Your Portrait”
- Well done! By following these instructions, you’re are on your way to learning how to draw Taylor Swift
1) Grid Image: Taylor Swift
2) Gray-scale Image: Taylor Swift