How to Draw Selena Gomez
Cute as a button and gleaming on the red carpet is the beautiful Selena Gomez.
Follow the instructions below and read the drawing tips on how to draw Selena Gomez, and you’ll be able to complete your drawing quickly and accurately.
Tips on How to Draw Selena Gomez:
- Notice the highlights on her nose and cheek. You can use your kneaded erase to daub away your pencil shading to lighten these areas.
- Don’t try to draw every individual strand of hair. Rather shade in the dark areas as a solid and add in the detailed lined textures as you see them in the areas where the light catches of her hair.
- When shading in Selena’s hair, let your pencil strokes follow the same direction of her curls as they curve to create the illusion of three dimensionality on your page.
- The lines between to her teeth are very light, be careful not to make them too dark in your drawing if you are trying to get a realistic look.
- The sheen of her dress on the left creates an interesting texture, see if you can copy it.
- See the section called “Building up Shadows” in our guide on “How to Shade Your Portrait” for help.
- Click on the grid and gray-scale images below of Selena Gomez to enlarge them
- Right click on each image and save them on your computer or tablet
- Print out both images or keep them open on your computer or tablet to view while you’re drawing
- Set up a 5 x 7 grid on your sketch pad. If you don’t know how to, read this: “How to Set Up a Grid in 2 Minutes”
- Then using the grid image below of Selena Gomez as a reference, draw the outlines of the shapes and shadows onto the grid on your sketch pad. If you need some guidance, click here to see our demo: “Demo: How to Draw a Portrait Step by Step”
- Once you have completed the outline drawing, begin shading your portrait. If you are a beginner at shading, click here for tips: “How to Shade Your Portrait”
- Well done! By following these instructions, you’re are on your way to completing your drawing of Selena Gomez
1) Grid Image: Selena Gomez
2) Gray-scale Image: Selena Gomez