How to Draw Niall Horan
Here’s a cool photo of the One Direction star to help you learn how to draw Niall Horan.
Follow the instructions below and read the drawing tips on how to draw Niall Horan, and you’ll be able to complete your drawing quickly and accurately.
Tips on How to Draw Niall Horan:
- If you want your drawing of Niall Horan to look realistic, it’s important to get the foundation of your image right.
- Take care in getting the size, shape and angle of the Niall’s face right before you erase your grid.
- Notice the angle and placement of his left and right eye. The right eye is above the left.
- His head is titled slightly up to the right, meaning that his left eye is slightly lower than the right.
- You can also see that his left nostril is slightly lower than the right and the left corners of his mouth is lower than the right.
- Before you begin shading your drawing of Niall, take a close look at the tonal variation.
- The darkest tones are in the shadow to the left of his left eye and in his jacket. The lightest areas are in his shirt and the lightest mid tones are in the light streaks of his hair and the right side of his face.
- When you start shading, pay attention to the how the shadows on his face move from darker to lighter as the face rounds. Work up your tones slowly with a soft pencil (2B, 4B) and try to move your pencil when you make shading marks in curved action in line with the curves of his face to echo and enhance the shapes.
- Click on the grid and gray-scale images below of Niall Horan to enlarge them
- Right click on each image and save them on your computer or tablet
- Print out both images or keep them open on your computer or tablet to view while you’re drawing
- Set up a 5 x 7 grid on your sketch pad. If you don’t know how to, read this: “How to Set Up a Grid in 2 Minutes”
- Then using the grid image below of Niall Horan as a reference, draw the outlines of the shapes and shadows onto the grid on your sketch pad. If you need some guidance, click here to see our demo: “Demo: How to Draw a Portrait Step by Step”
- Once you have completed the outline drawing, begin shading your portrait. If you are a beginner at shading, click here for tips: “How to Shade Your Portrait”
- Well done! By following these instructions, you’re are on your way to completing your drawing of Niall Horan
1) Grid Image: How to Draw Niall Horan
2) Gray-scale Image: How to Draw Niall Horan