How to Draw Miley Cyrus
Here’s a beautiful photograph to reference while you learn how to draw Miley Cyrus.
Follow the instructions below and read the drawing tips on how to draw Miley Cyrus, and you’ll be able to complete your drawing quickly and accurately.
Tips on How to Draw Miley Cyrus:
- You can use a combination of directional shading and blending to shape the rounded areas of her face
- Directional shading simply means that the direction of your pencil lines follows the contours of the object you are rendering
- To get the same smooth effect of her skin, you can softly blend in your shading with a tissue or kitchen towel
- There is a lot of work to be done on Miley’s hair in this drawing
- Notice how the tones of her hair move from shadow to mid tones, then from mid-tones to light tones
- See the section called “Building up Shadows” in our guide on “How to Shade Your Portrait” for help.
- Shade the solid areas of her hair in tones
- Then work in the stray hairs and strands once the rest of your drawing is complete
- Notice the detail in her hair line – this will require fine pencil work with a sharp pencil
- Click on the grid and gray-scale images below of Miley Cyrus to enlarge them
- Right click on each image and save them on your computer or tablet
- Print out both images or keep them open on your computer or tablet to view while you’re drawing
- Set up a 5 x 7 grid on your sketch pad. If you don’t know how to, read this: “How to Set Up a Grid in 2 Minutes”
- Then using the grid image below of Miley Cyrus as a reference, draw the outlines of the shapes and shadows onto the grid on your sketch pad. If you need some guidance, click here to see our demo: “Demo: How to Draw a Portrait Step by Step”
- Once you have completed the outline drawing, begin shading your portrait. If you are a beginner at shading, click here for tips: “How to Shade Your Portrait”
- Well done! By following these instructions, you’re are on your way to completing your drawing of Miley Cyrus
1) Grid Image: Miley Cyrus
2) Gray-scale Image: Miley Cyrus