How to Draw Louis Tomlinson
Want to learn how to draw Louis Tomlinson? Use this cute photo of the One Direction singer as a reference photo to help you. Follow the instructions below and read the drawing tips on how to draw Louis Tomlinson, and you’ll be able to complete your drawing quickly and accurately.
Tips on How to Draw Louis Tomlinson:
- This is a gorgeous photo of Louis Tomlinson to use for your drawing.
- Take some time to pencil in the size, shape and placement of his features. Take it slowly, one block at a time.
- Getting this right will help your drawing of Louis to look more realistic.
- Once you have completed this stage, you can erase your grid lines and start shading.
- Shading is an important part of this drawing because of the lighting in this photo. There is strong lighting from the top right causing shadows on the bottom left of Louis’ features. See the shapes of shadow on his let cheek, left temple and chin for instance.
- Use a soft pencil (a B, 2B or 4B) to work up these tones.
- As you shade in your drawing, try to control the direction of your hand so that the pencil strokes you make follow the contours of the section of his face you are working on. This means, if you are shading in a section of his cheek or brow, move you pencil in line with that shape.
- To add in the detail of the pores of his skin and stubble, use a sharpened harder pencil (like and HB, H or 2H) to add short stroke or dots. This will take some time and concentration.
- Good luck and enjoy!
- Click on the grid and gray-scale images below of Louis Tomlinson to enlarge them
- Right click on each image and save them on your computer or tablet
- Print out both images or keep them open on your computer or tablet to view while you’re drawing
- Set up a 5 x 7 grid on your sketch pad. If you don’t know how to, read this: “How to Set Up a Grid in 2 Minutes”
- Then using the grid image below of Louis Tomlinson as a reference, draw the outlines of the shapes and shadows onto the grid on your sketch pad. If you need some guidance, click here to see our demo: “Demo: How to Draw a Portrait Step by Step”
- Once you have completed the outline drawing, begin shading your portrait. If you are a beginner at shading, click here for tips: “How to Shade Your Portrait”
- Well done! By following these instructions, you’re are on your way to completing your drawing of Louis Tomlinson
1) Grid Image: How to Draw Louis Tomlinson
2) Gray-scale Image: How to Draw Louis Tomlinson