How to Draw Louis Tomlinson from One Direction
Here’s a cool close-up photo to help you learn how to draw Louis Tomlinson from One Direction. Follow the instructions below and read the drawing tips on how to draw Louis Tomlinson and you’ll be able to complete your drawing quickly and accurately.
Tips on How to Draw Louis Tomlinson from One Direction:
- Because Louis’s head is titled in this pose, it may help you to print out the grid reference image below and then line up a ruler and draw a line from the bottom of his lower eyelid on the left to the bottom of his lower eyelid on the right.
- Do the same by drawing a line from one eyebrow to the other and also with the angle of his mouth.
- This will help you to get the size, placement and angle right when you are drawing in his feature on your grid.
- After you have done that, you can erase the grid lines and begin shading.
- Pay attention to the shadows, highlights and mid tones in the picture. See how the darker and lighter areas blend to create the illusion of form, for example look at his cheeks and jaw line. You’ll notice how the shadows curve around the edges.
- It’s often earlier to use a softer pencil (like a 2B or 4B) to shade in the skin, because if you press softly these pencils don’t’ leave visible pencil marks.
- To help you with the dark tones in his hair, see the section on building up shadows in the demo for “How to Shade Your Portrait”
- Good luck and have fund with it!
- Click on the grid and gray-scale images below of Louis Tomlinson to enlarge them
- Right click on each image and save them on your computer or tablet
- Print out both images or keep them open on your computer or tablet to view while you’re drawing
- Set up a 5 x 7 grid on your sketch pad. If you don’t know how to, read this: “How to Set Up a Grid in 2 Minutes”
- Then using the grid image below of Louis Tomlinson as a reference, draw the outlines of the shapes and shadows onto the grid on your sketch pad. If you need some guidance, click here to see our demo: “Demo: How to Draw a Portrait Step by Step”
- Once you have completed the outline drawing, begin shading your portrait. If you are a beginner at shading, click here for tips: “How to Shade Your Portrait”
- Well done! By following these instructions, you’re are on your way to completing your drawing of Louis Tomlinson from One Direction
1) Grid Image: How to Draw Louis Tomlinson from One Direction
2) Gray-scale Image: How to Draw Louis Tomlinson from One Direction