How to Draw Ariana Grande
Want to learn how to draw Ariana Grande? Use this photo of the star as a reference for your drawing.
Follow the instructions below and read the drawing tips on how to draw Ariana Grande, and you’ll be able to complete your drawing quickly and accurately.
Tips on How to Draw Ariana Grande:
- When you draw this picture of Ariana Grande, spend time on getting the foundation of your drawing right.
- This means making sure you accurately capture the features of Ariana’s face like her forehead, eyes, eyebrows, nose, lips and chin. The more time you put into getting the size, placement and angle right of her features on the grid before you start shading, the better your final drawing will look.
- When you begin shading your drawing of Ariana, take note of the tonal intensity. This means looking at the light tones, mid tons and dark tones of the picture. You’ll see the lightest part of the photo is in the white areas of her eyes and the highlights in her eyes. The darkest areas are in her hair, particularly under her chin and the dark areas in her eyes.
- Her nose, cheeks, forehead and lips are all mid tones without high contrast. Using a soft pencil (2B or 4B) in these areas will help to create soft smooth tones. Start your shading lighter, you can always build up a darker tone with more shading if you need to.
- Use a harder pencil (2H, H) to define the crisp edges in the drawing, like the irises of her eyes, her eyelashes and her eyebrows.
- Be very precise about where you place the highlights in her eyes, use a hard pencil to outline the edges of the highlight to keep them crisp.
- Click on the grid and gray-scale images below of Ariana Grande to enlarge them
- Right click on each image and save them on your computer or tablet
- Print out both images or keep them open on your computer or tablet to view while you’re drawing
- Set up a 5 x 7 grid on your sketch pad. If you don’t know how to, read this: “How to Set Up a Grid in 2 Minutes”
- Then using the grid image below of Ariana Grande as a reference, draw the outlines of the shapes and shadows onto the grid on your sketch pad. If you need some guidance, click here to see our demo: “Demo: How to Draw a Portrait Step by Step”
- Once you have completed the outline drawing, begin shading your portrait. If you are a beginner at shading, click here for tips: “How to Shade Your Portrait”
- Well done! By following these instructions, you’re are on your way to completing your drawing of Ariana Grande
1) Grid Image: How to Draw Ariana Grande
2) Gray-scale Image: How to Draw Ariana Grande